Nothing is better on a hot summer day than having a cool meal to chase away the heat. Abundant noodles with a medley of vegetables and seafood in a light dressing makes this dish super scrumptious and refreshing. This noodle salad is so easy to toss together and can be served as a main meal or appetizer. If you […]
I admit it–I’ll eat anything rolled in rice paper. My all-time favorite dish is Pork and Shrimp Fresh Spring Rolls (Goi Cuon) and on its ...
Growing up my sister always called these “Cow Cakes” because “Bánh” in Vietnamese means “Cake” and “Bò” means “Cow”. My Mom would laugh and explain ...
During the summertime I love dining outside and am always looking for casual meals to take outdoors. So I love dishes where everything can be ...
It looks like an omelette but is often called a pancake or crepe. “Banh” means cake and “Xeo” means sizzle–that’s the sound the batter makes ...
These Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Bananas are cool, creamy and completely decadent. As the warmer months approach, they are the perfect summertime treat. With this easy recipe, you ...
I think I’ve discovered one of the most universally appealing snacks. While working on this post, I was searching for a few alternative names for ...
This classic Viet dish, Ginger Chicken, strikes a wonderful balance between zesty, sweet and savory. The ginger is mildly spicy and wonderfully fragrant. Add in the robust marinade and ...
This is my new favorite dessert and after you try this recipe it will become your favorite too. It’s the perfect combination of sponge cake ...
Love eating fish but dislike all the prep work? This fool-proof Baked Salmon recipe is a guaranteed winner and a great way to make a tasty ...
This scrumptious Viet dessert is made with plantains and cassava cooked into a sweet and creamy tapioca pudding. For those not familiar with this dessert, it is decadently sweet and ...
Herbs add such wonderful aroma, flavor and color to foods that it’s no wonder they’re such integral ingredients in Vietnamese cuisine. Without the inclusion of certain herbs, a dish could be rendered completely lacking and unappetizing. Can you imagine having Vietnamese Chicken or Beef Noodle Soup (Pho) without Thai basil? Just the aroma of Thai basil conjures to mind a big, […]
This dish brings back fond memories of cooking with my Mom when I was a child. She would set up a station in our kitchen and we would make hundreds of these Savory Rolled Cakes to enjoy that day and to save for quick meals later. My Mom would pour the batter and flip out the cakes. […]
Now you can enjoy delicious Taro Smoothie at home with this easy recipe. Making this tasty chilled drink at home means you have control over the fat and sugar levels and ultimately the calories. This is already a health-conscious recipe but there are still lots of options. For the milk, feel free to use almond milk, coconut milk or cream instead of cow’s […]
This is a favorite summertime dish because I can make it on the grill, a cooking method I just love because it gives foods such a tasty, smoky aroma. Betel leaves are a tender green with a fragrant aroma and a slightly bitter taste. The leaf is sturdy and when grilled gets a bit charred which further […]
More about me...
- Sponge Cake (Banh Bong Lan) May 14, 2013
- Cotton Cheesecake / Japanese Cheesecake May 7, 2014
- Steamed Rice Cakes/Cow Cakes/Steamed Honeycomb Cakes (Banh Bo Hap) July 31, 2014
- Sesame Balls (Banh Cam) November 19, 2013
- Vodka 5-Spice Marinade (Ruou Thom) March 6, 2013
- Roll Cake/Swiss Roll/Log Cake (Banh Bong Lan Cuon) December 10, 2013
- Snowskin Mooncakes Part 2: Making the Dough and the Cakes (Cach Lam Vo Banh) September 3, 2014
- Glass Noodle Salad with Seafood (Goi Mien Tron Hai San) August 27, 2015
- A Guide to Vietnamese Herbs August 16, 2015
- Savory Rolled Cakes (Banh Cuon) July 30, 2015
- Taro Smoothie (Sinh To Khoai Mon) July 16, 2015
- Beef Wrapped in Betel Leaves (Bo La Lot) July 2, 2015
- Pandan Waffle Cones and Cookies June 16, 2015
- Lemongrass Tofu and Rice Noodles (Bun Dau Hu Xao) June 3, 2015