The recipe is below. I am still working on this post so, please check back again…it’ll be worth it! Watch the video below for instructions. Ingredients Thick Noodles 1 cup rice flour 1 cup tapioca starch 1/2 tsp salt 1 Tbsp vegetable oil 1 cup boiling water 2 tsp vegetable oil […]
I admit it–I’ll eat anything rolled in rice paper. My all-time favorite dish is Pork and Shrimp Fresh Spring Rolls (Goi Cuon) and on its ...
Growing up my sister always called these “Cow Cakes” because “Bánh” in Vietnamese means “Cake” and “Bò” means “Cow”. My Mom would laugh and explain ...
During the summertime I love dining outside and am always looking for casual meals to take outdoors. So I love dishes where everything can be ...
It looks like an omelette but is often called a pancake or crepe. “Banh” means cake and “Xeo” means sizzle–that’s the sound the batter makes ...
These Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Bananas are cool, creamy and completely decadent. As the warmer months approach, they are the perfect summertime treat. With this easy recipe, you ...
I think I’ve discovered one of the most universally appealing snacks. While working on this post, I was searching for a few alternative names for ...
This classic Viet dish, Ginger Chicken, strikes a wonderful balance between zesty, sweet and savory. The ginger is mildly spicy and wonderfully fragrant. Add in the robust marinade and ...
This is my new favorite dessert and after you try this recipe it will become your favorite too. It’s the perfect combination of sponge cake ...
Love eating fish but dislike all the prep work? This fool-proof Baked Salmon recipe is a guaranteed winner and a great way to make a tasty ...
This scrumptious Viet dessert is made with plantains and cassava cooked into a sweet and creamy tapioca pudding. For those not familiar with this dessert, it is decadently sweet and ...
If you’re not a big fish fan because of the ‘fishy’ taste or smell, these fish cakes are the perfect compromise. The fish is lightly seasoned, processed into a smooth paste and can then be fried, steamed or baked. You will love how amazing these cakes taste with their unique, springy texture. The best part is they are […]
If dishes could be classified as masculine or feminine, Cured Pork or Fermented Pork is a manly dish because it’s a favorite snack with the men when they’re hanging out and drinking beers. The tartness of the appetizer in contrast to the cold, often bitter beer, spicy garlic and chilies is an addicting combination. If you’re […]
These steamed rice cakes, topped with mung bean paste, toasted shrimp, and scallion oil are simply scrumptious. The cakes are delicate with a slightly chewy texture; the mashed mung bean is savory and creamy and the toasted shrimp is wonderfully crunchy. Served with the classic fish sauce dipping sauce and tangy pickles, it’s a party for your taste buds! Delish! This recipe is […]
A vegetarian’s delight, this dish with pan-fried tofu and eggplant is healthy and delicious. (Sorry, this is not the deep-fried and overly saucy dish you find in many Asian restaurants.) It’s a light and flavorful dish that allows you to enjoy the tasty goodness of fresh vegetables without all the oil and heavy sauce. This basic stir-fry is […]
More about me...
- Sponge Cake (Banh Bong Lan) May 14, 2013
- Cotton Cheesecake / Japanese Cheesecake May 7, 2014
- Steamed Rice Cakes/Cow Cakes/Steamed Honeycomb Cakes (Banh Bo Hap) July 31, 2014
- Vodka 5-Spice Marinade (Ruou Thom) March 6, 2013
- Sesame Balls (Banh Cam) November 19, 2013
- Snowskin Mooncakes Part 2: Making the Dough and the Cakes (Cach Lam Vo Banh) September 3, 2014
- Roll Cake/Swiss Roll/Log Cake (Banh Bong Lan Cuon) December 10, 2013
- Thick Noodles and Fish Cake Soup (Banh Canh Cha Ca) April 23, 2015
- Fish Cakes (Cha Ca) April 16, 2015
- Shortcut Cured/Fermented Pork (Nem Chua) April 2, 2015
- Savory Steamed Rice Cakes (Banh Beo) March 17, 2015
- Tofu and Eggplant Stir-Fry (Dau Hu Xao Ca Tim) March 4, 2015
- Beef Shank and Pickled Mustard Greens Soup (Canh Dua Cai Chua Bap Bo) February 16, 2015
- Jellied Pork (Thịt Đông) February 12, 2015