Hi Friends! I know Lunar New Year is just approaching and I am posting what to do with leftovers already. Not to rush your Lunar New Year’s festivities but if you’re like me, you make mountains of food for Lunar New Year and then have a ton of leftovers. No one wants to waste food but recycling […]
I admit it–I’ll eat anything rolled in rice paper. My all-time favorite dish is Pork and Shrimp Fresh Spring Rolls (Goi Cuon) and on its ...
Growing up my sister always called these “Cow Cakes” because “Bánh” in Vietnamese means “Cake” and “Bò” means “Cow”. My Mom would laugh and explain ...
During the summertime I love dining outside and am always looking for casual meals to take outdoors. So I love dishes where everything can be ...
It looks like an omelette but is often called a pancake or crepe. “Banh” means cake and “Xeo” means sizzle–that’s the sound the batter makes ...
These Chocolate-Dipped Frozen Bananas are cool, creamy and completely decadent. As the warmer months approach, they are the perfect summertime treat. With this easy recipe, you ...
I think I’ve discovered one of the most universally appealing snacks. While working on this post, I was searching for a few alternative names for ...
This classic Viet dish, Ginger Chicken, strikes a wonderful balance between zesty, sweet and savory. The ginger is mildly spicy and wonderfully fragrant. Add in the robust marinade and ...
This is my new favorite dessert and after you try this recipe it will become your favorite too. It’s the perfect combination of sponge cake ...
Love eating fish but dislike all the prep work? This fool-proof Baked Salmon recipe is a guaranteed winner and a great way to make a tasty ...
This scrumptious Viet dessert is made with plantains and cassava cooked into a sweet and creamy tapioca pudding. For those not familiar with this dessert, it is decadently sweet and ...
If you are not familiar with this dish, it may look rather unusual. What is this exactly? Meat-filled snow globes? Fossilized pork parts? Interestingly, this dish of jellied meat is not distinct to just Asian cuisine, but is also popular in Eastern and Western European cuisine as well. The traditional recipes use meats with cartilage such as hocks, feet, tails, […]
I shared a brittle version of this candy not too long ago. (Check out the link for my Peanut Candy recipe.) After posting the brittle recipe, I received numerous requests for the chewier version, so here it is–finally. This recipe for Chewy Sesame Peanut candy is softer and more tender for those who don’t like hard candy […]
I find most animal skins to be rather slimy and too fatty for consumption and so am not a fan, however, I break all the rules for this delectable dish. With its thick, crispy skin and juicy, savory meat roasted to perfection, this dish is truly unique tasting. The recipe is simple with an easy-to-make and […]
Sticky rice and mung bean are the dynamic duo in Viet cooking. These two ingredients are commonly used to make a variety of sweet and savory dishes. (Check out the other sticky rice and mung bean recipes I’ve shared below.) This recipe falls into the Dessert category although it’s just slightly sweet. The recipe is super easy and […]
- Sponge Cake (Banh Bong Lan) May 14, 2013
- Steamed Rice Cakes/Cow Cakes/Steamed Honeycomb Cakes (Banh Bo Hap) July 31, 2014
- Cotton Cheesecake / Japanese Cheesecake May 7, 2014
- Vodka 5-Spice Marinade (Ruou Thom) March 6, 2013
- Sesame Balls (Banh Cam) November 19, 2013
- Snowskin Mooncakes Part 2: Making the Dough and the Cakes (Cach Lam Vo Banh) September 3, 2014
- Roll Cake/Swiss Roll/Log Cake (Banh Bong Lan Cuon) December 10, 2013
- Beef Shank and Pickled Mustard Greens Soup (Canh Dua Cai Chua Bap Bo) February 16, 2015
- Jellied Pork (Thịt Đông) February 12, 2015
- Chewy Sesame Peanut Candy (Keo Me Dau Phong) February 3, 2015
- Crispy Roast Pork (Thit Heo Quay) January 21, 2015
- Sticky Rice Cakes with Star Anise (Xoi Vi) January 7, 2015
- Hollow Donuts (Banh Tieu) December 17, 2014
- Fermented Chili Tofu (Chao) December 5, 2014