Not sure if you’ve had or even like pate? If you’ve had a Vietnamese sandwich (banh mi) chances are you’ve eaten this delicious spread. Typically made of liver, it’s combined with fresh herbs and spices and then whipped into a creamy spreadable paste. Yes, it makes an amazing condiment for sandwiches (Check out the recipe for […]
As the weather cools I gravitate toward soupy dishes and my favorite soups always have lots of noodles like this delicious Won Ton Noodle Soup. The soup ...
There are some classic foods that remind us of our youth and this is the dish that transports me back in time. Perhaps it’s the uniqueness ...
Mid-Autumn Festival (Tet Trung Thu) is just around the corner and I have moon cakes on the brain. For those not familiar with moon cakes, ...
Cooking a chicken on a beer can may seem gimmicky but you will be amazed at how tender and juicy the chicken comes out using this ...
This recipe is a twist to my earlier post on the Coffee and Cream Agar Jelly. Let’s say you can’t get to an Asian ...
These French-inspired savory hot pastry pies are filled with ground meat and vegetables and then baked to a beautiful golden brown color. The typical recipe uses ground ...
Sticky rice or Xoi is a staple ingredient in Vietnamese cuisine. What can I say, we are carb lovers with our abundant variety of rice, ...
This Vietnamese dessert is visually intriguing with its translucent bright green color. For those unaccustomed to Asian desserts with an alien-green color, please try to overcome your ...
This dish is the perfect combination of smokey grilled meats, springy rice noodle, fresh herbs and tangy pickles. Of course we can’t forget the essential ...
I love these vegetarian spring rolls even more than the meaty version with pork and shrimp. These refreshing rolls are a vegetarian’s delight with jicama, ...
Are you in need of a dish to bring to a holiday meal that is sure to please all palates? Perhaps you’re seeking a dish with some Asian pizzazz for your holiday dinner. Well friends, this super simple dish is for you! It’s a stuffing (or dressing as some call it) recipe that has the scrumptious seasonal flavors […]
Making these delicious Sesame Balls is an activity the whole family can enjoy. This is one of those recipes where it helps to have lots of helping hands. Set up an assembly line where someone can roll the balls, the kiddies can apply the sesame seeds and someone can fry the balls. Of course, you’ll have lots […]
Sweet Fillings for Desserts and Pastries: Mung Bean and Coconut, Pumpkin Spice (Nhan Dau Xanh, Nhan Bi Do)
This recipe is a two-parter. In Part 1, below, I share the recipe for making a sweet mung bean and coconut filling–a more traditional recipe. If you’re looking for a different fusion of flavors, check out my second filling recipe where I use pumpkin. In Part 2 (to be released next week), I use these fillings to […]
If you’re constantly on-the-go like me you sometimes wait until you are so famished you barely have the strength to get into your car and drive to find food. It’s times like these when you need something already made that you can easily turn into a quick meal. Well, this Dried Shredded Chicken dish is […]
- Sponge Cake (Banh Bong Lan) May 14, 2013
- Vodka 5-Spice Marinade (Ruou Thom) March 6, 2013
- Piggy Moon Cakes for Mid-Autumn Festival (Banh Trung Thu / Banh Nuong) September 13, 2013
- Tapioca and Mung Bean Cake (Banh Xu Xe / Banh Phu The) July 6, 2013
- Simple Crock Pot Vietnamese Meatballs (Xiu Mai) October 20, 2012
- Lemongrass Beef over Rice Noodles (Bun Bo Xao) January 7, 2013
- Vegetarian Cabbage Slaw (Goi Chay) November 17, 2012
- Chicken Liver Pate (Pate Gan Ga) December 3, 2013
- Sticky Rice “Stuffing” November 25, 2013
- Sesame Balls (Banh Cam) November 19, 2013
- Sweet Fillings for Desserts and Pastries: Mung Bean and Coconut, Pumpkin Spice (Nhan Dau Xanh, Nhan Bi Do) November 13, 2013
- Dried Shredded Chicken (Cha Bong Ga, Ruoc Ga) November 4, 2013
- Won Ton Noodle Soup (Mi Hoanh Thanh) October 27, 2013
- Peanut Candy (Keo Dau Phong) October 24, 2013